Kathleen K. Burch
Business-focused talent and organization development manager with a successful record of delivering high-impact results. Effective at influencing across multiple levels of leadership and geographies to achieve sustainable results in global organizations.
ExxonMobil Corporation – Fairfax, VA, Dallas and Houston, TX
2007 – 2015 – Global Leadership Development Program Manager/Curriculum Manager
- Responsible for design, development and implementation of global leadership development programs and activities, $18M budget, >4000 leaders from 56 countries trained annually
- Created strategic partner network (graduate business schools, global consulting firms) to build a curriculum aligned with strategic business objectives.
- Drove improved business results through effective large-scale, complex change management projects.
- Directed a team to develop a global cross-functional competency framework as foundation for needs assessment/diagnostics and workforce development at all levels for all business and staff functions.
- Led a global cross-functional network to ensure alignment of leadership development programs with corporate-wide business objectives.
2001-2006 – Global Downstream Training Consultant
- Managed development of competency frameworks, workforce skill gap assessments, people strategy processes and development solutions for global marketing and manufacturing businesses (55K employees)
- Created first corporate-wide New Employee Orientation program, including global on-line content and regional/country design templates.
1995-2001 – Recruiting Manager
- Developed recruitment strategy and follow-up processes for corporate Strategic Hire Development Program, a rotational development program for high-potential MBA’s.
- Managed U.S. recruiting and recruitment of international candidates from US universities for all global business lines.
- Special assignment In 1999-2000 on Exxon-Mobil merger transition team responsible for all internal and external merger-related communications
1989-1995 – Various environmental consulting/regulatory roles
International Communications Industries Assn. – Fairfax, VA
Government Relations Representative
U.S. Rep. James C. Cleveland (2-NH) – Washington, DC
M.A., Human Resources Management, Marymount University, Arlington, VA
B.A., Political Science, Pennsylvania State University, State College, PA